Monday, February 2, 2009

Obviously Great



(Norman Jay recently dropped this Chic classic at "Good Times" the weekend before last, at Bungalow 8, Sydney. I had heard it a few times before. Finally figured out what it was - cheea! Shout to The Vinyl Morpher.)



(I have had the chorus to this Loleatta Holloway track in my head for the past day. Again, just found out its name. Thanks to DJ Sandro Thompson.)

Eurythmics - Love is a Stranger is one of those timeless songs from the early 80's. I heard this recently (and was reminded why it is great) on the most recent edition of Eli Escobar & Mark Ronson's "Authentic Shit" radio show on "East Village Radio". It sits perfectly in an epic mix from Eli of a bunch of great tracks, most of which *I have never heard before.*

*(I am young, born in '81, most of these tracks originally came out when I was anywhere from 1 - 9 years old – insert laughter here.)

No comments: