Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Mixed Bag

First up, Grand Good filmed the legendary blastmaster KRS-ONE speaking on the origins of Hip Hop, live at the Harriet Tubman School in Harlem NYC. Here's part 1 of 3...



Next, an Al Green classic I stumbled across this morning. I recall hearing this tune on a skate video way back (I think it was the mexican titled Chocolate video or it could have been Girl's Mouse), anyhow i'm digressing once again, so here's the track.

Moving along, I wanted to give a big shout out to DJ Kato who's having a birthday bash this friday evening at Phoenix, sure to be one big night. One of the best DJ's Newcastle / Sydney has ever produced. Every set i've seen him play, he tears it up with an array of great tunes and flawless blends for days.



Now I'm not sure how many of you have seen Jay Smooth's conversation with Charlie Ahearn on the 25th anniversary of the making of the Hip Hop bible of a film Wild Style, I sure hadn't. Did you know Wild Style premiered in Japan? Was / Is this common knowedge?

Here's part one of Jay's fascinating three part interview with Mr Ahearn.

No comments: