Friday, March 14, 2008

Video: Benjamin Diamond - Music Sounds Better With You

So there would have been a time in the late nineties / early two thousands when all I listened to was what my peers at the time labeled as underground Hip Hop and listening to a track like this would have been unimaginable. Suffice to say, times have changed.

Although I had heard this track heaps of times since it's release in 1998, I never realized the brilliance of this Stardust classic till I saw the effect it had on the crowd when DJ AM dropped it at Cinespace in one his sets there last year, filmed by LA's Glen Jamn.



On another note, kind of related: Philadelphia's DJ Excel (Skratch Makaniks) in an an interview (soon to be published on UKHH), listed it as one of his favorite tunes, stating " I never, ever, ever get tired of this song. It's a simple song, but it's one of my favorites. The story behind it makes it even better. They, (Thomas Bangalter, Benjamin Diamond & Alan Braxe), pretty much just made this up in the club one night & recorded it the next day - brilliant. Plus I love they never made a full LP. They made something so perfect, 1 song, that's it."

Here's an awesome alternate live version of the track from one third of the Stardust trio Benjamin Diamond and band, live in Tokyo (Japan). Shout to Bouchmannnn for uploading this performance.

No comments: